CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th

Happy Fourth of July everyone! I hope that yours was as much fun as ours! We went to Emery county to see Mike's family and friends. We saw his parents, brother and friends. It was so much fun! We went to the Huntington Parade in the morning and I think that it was the best parade I have been too. Granted we didn't get a lot of candy, but it wasn't crowded and that was what made it nice in my opinion.



Here is Mike and Tsadakah waiting for the beginning to start. As you can see she is so excited! I think that this picture is adorable. Totally precious!




Here she is saying "You hear that?"when the band was headed down the street. Mike and I hadn't been to Huntington for the 4th since we were talking about getting married 5 years ago. I can still clearly remember this parade at that time. We constantly were sharing memories and remembering old times. lol


I took like a thousand pictures of Eliannah and everytime that I did she would move right at the last moment and so this was the best one. She was of course adorable and loved the freedom! She was running all over and had no reservations about striking out on her own. We really had to watch her. lol Mike was a stinker and wouldn't wear the patriotic clothes that I packed for him.
Tsadakah comparing candy amounts with Mason, her cousin's cousin.

Ok this was the best part, so I had been holding Eliannah while trying to tell Tsadakah how things worked. Sayde kept running over to the other group of kids because that was the first place to get candy thrown to them, but by the time she got to them it would be gone, then she would run back and by that time all the candy that had been thrown to our group was gone too. lol So while I am trying to instruct her, Eliannah wiggles out of my arms. So I finish helping Tsadakah get some and turn around to get Ellie and what do I find?


Eliannah had independantly gotten 2 pieces of candy all my herself!!! HA HA! I couldn't believe it! She is so FUN!

Here is Jaxton who help yelling to the floats "I want Candy!" ha ha! At the beginning the fire trucks had driven by WITHOUT throwing candy and he just started balling! So funny!


We stayed with Mike's brother, Devin and his wife , Becky who just had a precious baby boy! Her sister Cindy and husband Mark were also staying the weekend. Left to Right: Mark, Kyler, Cindy, Mason, Jaxton, Becky, Xander, and Cole.

So after the parade we went to the wave pool and Mike got a tube and he took Tsadakah out. I watched as he put her on his lap and caught a great wave (they had them on pretty high) and the wave totally dumped them out of their tube! Then 2 waves washed over her before she was saved. She didn't comeout crying, brave lil' soul, but she didn't go back in the water the rest of the time. She wasn't the only casualty tho. Mike also headbutted a stranger to the point where he saw stars and got a MAJOR goose egg! Then Devin gave a kid a bloody nose! lol

Then that night we lit fire works in the street...another misshap! The first thing that we lit was sparklers. Here is Tsadakah with hers, then 2 seconds after the picture was taken, she got the sparker dangerously close to her hair so I said, "Tsadakah don't get it so close to your hair!" What does she do? She puts it right in her hair!!! I practically attacked her trying to keep it from lighting her hair a blaze! She totally singed her bangs! They had that burnt hair smell! she was crying and ended up going to bed for the night! Mike and I ended up snuggling and watching the fun kidless since Eliannah had already gone to bed too!
All in all it was a BLAST of a day!


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny about her hair, but I would have been freaking out! You should totally go to ohsogirlie.blogspot.com and enter to win the free bows there! They would be so cute for your sweet girls!

Simcah Reid said...

Thanks for the awesome post. Nothing makes you feel like a crazy person more than being awake at six in the morning and cackling so loud you wakke up the kiddies just from looking at your computer screen. I love d the goose egg and the bloody nose. I'm still l(ing)ol.