CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Room For the Kiddies

I finally got my kids bedroom all decorated! It has only taken me 2 years!! lol. But I am quite pleased with it. The only thing that I didn't add that was in the plans originally was I was going to paint some pictures of the disney princesses to frame and put up, but I decided I am way to busy for that and if I waited to do that then I would never be finished! So here it is!

I really really like it because I used a lot of things that I have collected over the years from people who love me and my girls so I feel that I have in a way surrounded them with LOVE!

My obsession with fairies has been deep seeded for a long time so I have many statues that are beautiful and together they are breath taking! The middle one I bought in Brazil! The picture was painted by my young women's leader Judy Cooley, who is absolutely amazing and sales her art and has authored 2 books!!! She was my mentor and still holds a place in my heart. The butterfly "Best Friends" key chain I got from my niece, Stasia, who really has been my Best Friend the longest.

This side of the room is great, you can see the flower bows that my sister, Simcah, makes! They are so gorgeous and fun for little girls (of which I have pleanty). Also, next to the picture of Eliannah you can see the sand castle that she brought back for me from Hawaii when she was in High School. The book shelf actually used to be my brothers GIJoe fort but I painted it...lol...sorry brother! The dresser was mikes when he was lil.

We have been blessed to the max with blankets from loved ones. These aren't even all that we have! In the crib is one made by Simcah. The one on the back of the rocking chair is from Mike's Grandmother. And the one on the bottom was made by my wonderful sis in law, Kari. The rocking chair came from my sis in law, Becky, who has been the most wonderful and helpful friend that I could ask for. Truly a kindred spirit. And the adorable lion stuffed animal (which actually unfolds to become a pillow) was given from my sister Leah, who has the biggest heart toward children.


This last picture features the poster that my High School friend Lanaiah gave me...again with fairies. More blankets(On Tsadakah's bed): The bottom one which is Tinkerbell (The intended theme...ish) was made by my sis in law's sis in law, Shellece. The croche'd pink one at the end was made by my amazing mother, and the main one is the classic pillow patch quilt made by Simcah. If you don't know that story ask me the next time you see me. To sum it up, Simcah is the best quilter ever!
Well that about sums it up! There is the tour of my little ones' room.



3 comments:

The Fershtut Four said...

Cute room Riv...and by the way I want my fort back!

The Fershtut Four said...

He does not! It is much cuter in your girls room. Great job on the decorating! -Hayley

Josh and Brittany said...

Very cute!!! We need to get together soon!!