CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 2, 2011

Veteran's day

Don't forget about Veteran's Day! Its a special holiday too. Every now and then I have a great memorable one. This year I spent it reflecting on the service of a very special veteran, my Pop Pop Leonard. He was so handsome in his uniform! He was such a good and honorable man. I am so grateful to him for all that he did and all that he was. His memory will always and forever be with me.
My dad talked about something that he read in the paper about Abraham Lincoln dedicating the holiday of Thanksgiving as a national holiday during the time of war, when people needed hope. They needed something to remind them to think of the things that they are grateful for, they needed something to renew their vigor for what they were fighting for. I love the fact that we have lil patriotic holidays all year round. This reminds me that I am thankful for the sacrifices that the servicemen have given so that we can all be free to worship God as we see fit and that men and women of all races can vote, choose and live in peace and plenty.
God Bless America, the Land That I Love!

0 comments: