CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Events without pictures

Ok so I have some stories but I didn't take pictures.

Tsadakah has had issues with the dentists and it has been so frustrating for me. When she turned 3 (in may) I took her to the dentist and they said she had 2 cavities, which totally made me sad! I remember when I first went to the dentist I was like 6 and I had 4. I felt so bad like I had let my daddy down and I was ashamed to come out to the waiting room and tell him that. He was totally loving and kind about it and told me it was ok and really tried to chear me up. Now that I am a parent I understand his perspective better, he was probably feeling bad because he felt responsible for my cavities and I probably broke his heart being so ashamed.

Tsadakah was too young to understand what was going on, but I felt so bad that she had cavities!! So I took her in and the dentist filled one cavity with nothing but laughing gas!!!! No kidding! She did great concidering the cercumstances, but the dentist thought she should go to the pediatric dentist for the other. So I went to them and they wanted to put her under. After a lot of discussion we compromised on the oral sudation. It worked well and I think that she would have done fine with just that and no shot, which was the WORST part!

As we were leaving I noticed some blood on her mouth. I told her not to bite it, we got into the car and by the time we got home I went to get her out and her lip and cheek were hamberger!! I totally over reacted!! I started crying...ok I was balling! I took her inside like she was going to die and wiped her mouth with mouth wash and stuffed it with cotton balls. Then I sat litterally 2 inches from her face for 2 hours to make sure that she didn't bit anymore. She hated that.

By the next day it was swollen to double the size and white and sick looking. I was so sad! It has taken a whole week to get better with me cleaning it after every meal. I am so strict about brushing their teeth now and if anybody gives them candy it is OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Just kidding, but I am really going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen again! You can see why I didn't take pictures of this.

On a lighter note, She started dance lessons! I am so excited for it. I think that no matter what it cost I would do it because she loves to dance and perform so much!! last year and the ward talent show she was so excited to get on the stage and do the little dance that I taught her. I was so wrapped up with getting her dressead and there on time that I forgot my camera!!! I was so kicking myself! I guess that you will just have to wait until her first recital.

2 comments:

Simcah Reid said...

That is so fun that she loves it. I totally relate to the guilt about the teeth. Don't feel bad I think we just genetically have bad teeth.

Cristina Wilberg said...

Oh my Rivkah! I totally understand what you througt, and I just found an pretty ugly cavity in Bella's mouth...I felt horrible!!! I'm very scare to take Bella to dentist, I know she is going to hate, but, I have to do it. I am glad all is well now and that she's loving her dacing class.