CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

My dad just had a birthday on the 7th. I wont say how old he turned cause he is sensitive about getting older. Last year he had a pretty crummy birthday so we wanted to do something special for him. We planned a special surprise for him with fresh made tortilla fajitas, watching his favorite movie and a couple musical numbers that we prepared.
My dad works strange hours and you never know when he is getting off. We made him promise to get off by 4 but he didn't. We waited and waited and called and called and no guest of honor!!! We ended up eating dinner without him. We were going to eat the cake without him too when finally he walked in the door...at 8:00!!! Here are the grandkids greating him.

For the musical entertainment we picked a Beach Boys song and changed the lyrics to have him in it. Then my sisters and I dressed in my mom's clothes from the 70's and sang it to everyone. It was so much fun!!! My sisters helped me change the lyrics and they are so talented. My parents laughed so hard as we highlighted the funny moments in our family. left to right: Leah, me, Simcah.


Then it was the kids turn to perform. We dressed them up and had them lipsink to Wild Thing! This is such a funny picture of my niece Lara. Datan is behind her.


Tsadakah actually looks to cute to be a wild thing. I tried to get her to wear something else but that was not happening! She wanted to wear the crazy tu tu only, which you can't even see in this picture. She loves everything that has to do with ballet right now! Much to my pleasure! Behind her you can see Datan again and in the very back is Olivia, who is quiet most of the time but when you ask her to perform she steps up and does it absolutely fabulous!



Here is Eliannah. A sneak peak into what she is being for halloween! She is a monster. And she actually LOVED being wild! She was laughing and laughing. She just loved singing for Pop Pop Steve. Next to us is Simcah with her lil' wild thing, Asher.
Happpy Birthday Daddy! Glad that you are home so that we can be with you for special time like these!




0 comments: