CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Elections

Well elections came and went. I fouind myself compulsively eating the three days before and eating out of depression for a week afterward. The thing that makes me the saddest about Oboma winning the election is that I now feel out numbered. I feel scared to be honest. Scared of the unknown and my greatest fears coming alive. My imagination might be too strong and the only thing that I can rely on is my hope.
 I think that I said it most elequantly on facebook November 7th, "After the results. I am thinking that there is nothing more important than teaching my children right from wrong. Nothing else matters but teaching them to distinguish truth from error, right from wrong. God has always been with his righteous and He will continue still to abide with them. I can only feel sorry for the ones who do not. Join with me in teaching our children to live a virtuous life."
 
My little girls need to understand the role that God has planned for them. That the only way to save America is to live righteously. That is where I draw my strength and my hope for the future from, because if I couldn't do that, than I would be a basket case who is afraid of the world and its end. My kids are the light of the future for me.
 
Wednesday, we went to the edge of the lake and took some pictures. It was fun, and humbling. I still have so much to learn about in order to be a good photographer. But my subjects were beautiful despite my limited efforts.
 

 Tsadakah's best friend, Julianne, came with us. It was a wonderful fun play date. These girls play so well together and they are silly and giggly. I was just like that.


 Got to love a good lolli! :)
 Thursday night Mike's mom and dad came to stay. It was nice to visit with them. The next morning George and I went through all of his Vietnam pictures. We spent precious hours talking about his memories and figuring out the people in the photos. Seriously it was great. I can't wait to make his book for him. :)

Tsadakah's wonderful school held a powerful assembly honoring Veterans. George didn't like the attention. He said that he did it all for Tsadakah's sake. So sweet! This picture is from him coming in with the others. They played a patriotic song and I was crying right away! He had told me that when he came home the service men were not honored or recognized. In fact they changed in the airport to avoid being spit on or ridiculed. So it touched me so much to be part of the first people to ever recognize him with respect and appreciation.

 The assembly was beautiful and the music was inspirational. The children sang songs that I have never heard before even. Tsadakah sang "Your A Grand Old Flag." Can you see her in this picture? In the end they all sang a song that was beautiful and melodious. Tsadakah told me that she had cried during one of their practices. At the end they called each veterans name and gave a class made award. There was a verean who was recognized as a Prisoner Of War. There was a standing ovation for him. He humbly accepted that response and went around shaking people's hands. What a hero! What and honor that would have been to have had him shake my hand. Better than a celebrety.
 Tsadakah giving Grandpa some sugar. We were so grateful that he and Carol were able to come and I want it to become a tradition.
 I kept MiKaylah entertained by taking her picture over and over again. She was pretty good for the most part except that she insisted on taking off her tights.
 One Saturday I had my biggest event of the year for my calling, Super Saturday. It really went so well. I was so happy with it. I had an amazing group of woman on my commitee and they came together to pull off one great event. They were there without complaint for the set up, the crafts and the clean up.

Here are some of the crafts that we did, just a few. These were beautiful wall hangings that were all the craze! We had the most sign ups for this one. Jenn Bullock was super amazing and on top of everything for it.
 This is one that we found on line and had to have. Originally it was from etsy. We bought the packets and they were well worth every penny! They are GORGEOUS! I can't wait for Christmas just so that I can display them.
 And these votives were a beautiful project that didn't take long or cost much and were the perfect gift for extended family.
I had a great first Super Satuday.

0 comments: