CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back to School


This is Tsadakah one year ago when she came home from her first day of Pre-School. It was a fun experience for her and the first lil break I had experienced. I liked it, not because I wanted to be away from her, but because Eliannah was such a better child when she didn't have to compete for my attention! lol

And here she is one year later on her first day of KINDERGARTEN! She has been so excited about her new school, new clothes, new back pack. Counting down seasons and events to this spectacular day, her first day of school. As for me, it was not the best experience. I wanted it to be sentimental and special, but MiKaylah and Eliannah were all over the place and there was so much going on in that hallway that I was too over-stressed to feel any other emotion. I snapped these two shots on my phone, kissed her quick and I was out of there!
I felt sad that I didn't even get a chance to feel sad. lol But she was fine! She was happy to be there and I remember her searching and finding her name on a leaf on the paper tree, and wanting to know where to hang her backpack. She is such a good lil girl! She is more than ready for this!
Sisterly sweetness!
I wanted to say a little bit about fall too. I love this season so much! Not only is it when my 2 favorite holidays are (MY birthday + Halloween) but I love the smells and the feel. I love that when I walk down the street on a crisp morning I can smell pumpkins and squash growing in nearby gardens. I love that I can smell grapevines ripening to sweet savor. I also love the smells inside, like when I walk through the front doors of an elementary school and I can smell office supplies, like tape, glue, and crayons. I love the idea of a bouquet full of freshly sharpened pencils from the movie, You've Got Mail, because I too love the smell of pencils.
Welcome Fall! Welcome School! Welcome Good Times and Holidays!

0 comments: