CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 2, 2011

July 4th



Apple pie! An American tradition!


Happy Independence Day! One of the best days of the year! My favorite thing to do on the 4th is to dress in red white and blue!



This year Mike had to work over time. We looked at it as a blessing in disguise! With buying a new house we really needed the money he got from double overtime. It changed all our plans though. My car wasn't working so I couldn't go and do what we had planned, which was a lot! Instead I found things around the area to do with the girls.



Like going to the parade. It is so easy to go to because it is just down the street from our house. So easy to get to. It was a fun thing to do. I was actually early (even without my husband there!) So we got to see all of the 5K runners. Tsadakah asked if we could do it together next year! (So cute! Now I really want to!)



Best thing that we got at the parade were these lil flags! Darling! They were also giving out firemen hats, but since our kids had just gotten some at the museum we gave them to the boys next to us.



My friend, Joanna, met up with us and we enjoyed sharing in the memory of our country's freedom and the joy therein! Her daughter, Abby-kins, and her son, Magnus are such good friends to my kids.



I love this country. There might be problems, but this is one day when political views should be set aside and all Americans should stand together and admire and appreciate all the good that has gone into what we have been given up to this very day. Every event, every founding father, every soldier down, every president martyred, and every inocent lost has been sacrificed for this right here! Freedom, Freedom, FREEDOM! Let it ring!






I took pictures of lots of the floats like the firemen in red longjohns! lol. But you just cant post every picture you take so I narrowed them down to this one. It was my favorite because of the Eagle on top. Pretty cool!




Tsadakah on her way back from the victory of grabbing a candy.




LOVE this picture of Tsadakah. I probably look like I have a favorite, but my other two just don't look at the camera! She is also always asking me to take her picture, sooo you will probably get a lot of Eliannah in 2 years when she is more interested in being photographed.


Love this pic as well! So silly that my kids wanted to use their Easter baskets to gather their candy in! lol. Maybe next year I will make a cool bag that is red white and blue for them!


MiKaylah nabbing herself a lil candy. Yummmy, yummy, yummmy I've got love in my tummy!

Eliannah running back with her find! Look how excited and proud of herself she is!

Eliannah and MiKaylah fell asleep before dark, exhausted from the days activities and treats! Mike was still at work. So Tsadakah and I enjoyed the fireworks just the two of us. We watched the cities fireworks from our backyard, then I gave her glowstick bracelettes, ankletes, and a necklace. All I had was sparklers from 3 years ago. lol so that is what we had fun doing. I showed her how to draw pictures with hers. It was a special mommy and me moment I will never forget!


Happy Independence Day!

0 comments: