CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day and more...






This month started with me wondering where January went and preparing for Valentine's Day! Tsadakah got really excited for it and kept asking what we were going to do. When I was little I remember my mom doing the 14 days of Valentines. It was so fun of her. Remembering that made me want to do something special. I didn't officially do 14 days but I tried to do something each day. One day we made heart-shaped blueberry waffles, on another day we made cookies together and frosted them. One day I bought window stickers and let them put them up wherever they wanted. That was a fun day because those stickers kept them entertained for 2 hours! Score for me! I also spent a lot of time trying to make a heart shaped pillow for the couch. It didn't get finished. *sigh! I am dissapointed about this because now I have yet another unfinished project downstairs nagging my subconcious.
Here is one of the days. I gave these candy bars to the girls right afterschool. It was fun to excite her. They all loved it!
On the actual day of Valentines we didn't go out to eat because it is always so crowded. But this year we did get each other nice gifts. I got Mike 2 shirts, jeans, and a hoodie. He got me 2 purses and a new diamond ring! It was a wonderful day!
The girls had made cookies and I had this idea from BHG to make them into a valetntine card. I wish that I had taken pictures to share. we gave them to their church classes. We were planning on doing it at church but that turned out to be Stake Conference, so we drove them around on the day of. It was fun to see how happy it made everyone, which made my gilrs happy. One little girl who isn't in Kindergarten yet was extatic because her older sister had come home from school with a bunch. She just loved having one just for her!
Tsadakah did get a chance to do her own Valentine craft envelope to put the valentines in and that made her so happy! I think that she did a beautiful job!
I totally had a great Vday and I hope that all of you did too! xoxoxoxox

0 comments: