CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tsadakah's Awards


Tsadakah has earned some great awards in the last few months! I am so proud of her! The first is one that is given out every month to children who have been "builders." The theme at the school for this year is building up instead of tearing down. Tsadakah was chosen and recognized in November. I love the nice things that were said about her. She really is kind and good and sweet. She always wants to do what is right. That is why she is my angel baby!


Then in January I was informed that she has won the Inspirations contest in the Literature category. She received second place for K-2nd! Wow! I am so proud! There was a third place awarded so I know that she didn't win as a default that there were only 2 entries.
The day she was to get her award I got a sitter and took my camera so I could take a picture of her getting her award at the assembly in front of the whole school! She was so excited! Well unfortunately the power was out for all of Tooele county that morning and the assembly was rescheduled for the following week.
Well that day came and I was so distracted by other things that I forgot that it was her day to be at school (she goes every other Wednesday) so I didn't get her to school until after the assembly was over!!! I felt Horrible! Really I felt like the worst mom. I kept saying sorry over and over.
Her amazing teacher recognized her in front of the class and gave her the award, ribbon, box of markers, and box of colored pencils that she had won. She came home totally excited and happy. All the kids said nice things to her and made her feel special! I was relieved that I hadn't ruined her life.
She is going to the regional competition on February 17Th. I will be sure to be EARLY and with my camera! :) We are so proud of her efforts and her hard work!
Tsadakah is very interested in fashion and art and cooking. She is so cute! I was making bread sticks to go with our dinner and she decided that we should make them like cinnamon rolls. She made this one all by herself! Isn't it good for a girl of 5! I was so impressed that I had to post it!

0 comments: