CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 14, 2011

New year's Resolution

For a long time I wasn't sure if I was going to have one this year. I just kept thinking of tons of things that I needed to be better at and soon, I was overwhelmed! But then, on Epiphany day, (did you know that there is an epiphany day? I read it on my calender. I have no idea what it is, like is everyone supposed to get an epiphany on that day? If anyone could tell me, I'd appreciate that. lol) I got this...well...epiphany! It was a mental image of a tree whose roots, trunk, limbs and leaves all represented me inside.
So this year my resolution is going to be different than in the past. Instead of my goals being action oriented, like finish projects or keep house clean etc, my goal will be to have a make over on the inside. This is my tree soul:

  1. Roots=Childlike
  2. Trunk=Positive Perspective
  3. Limbs=Adorable, Happy, Loving, Faithful, Forgiving
  4. Leaves=all things that nourish or help accomplish the limbs.

The roots could not survive without the leaves and visa verse. I want to feel healthy inside my soul. The best me possible!

Of course the only way to be able to reach a goal is to have a measurable increments/actions. So I guess I didn't totally escape having an action goal. I have made these for each part of my tree, but I'm not going to go into them all because that would take too much time, but there is one that I wanted to discuss.

Love: I believe that we all only experience a sliver of the love that is available to us. If we were to draw nearer to God and experience His love more then we would be able to love our families with a greater magnitude as well. Sometimes we are afraid of how overpowering and strong true love really feels, like people in the bible were afraid of the angels who visited them. At first they were intimidated by the angels presence and don't understand it, but we as the audience knows that the angel is an extremely spiritual and good being.

Love is like that. We, or at least I know I do, shy away from opening myself up to the intense or overwhelming amounts of love. Like when I'm playing with my kids and I feel so in love with them that my heart feels like it is going to burst, it takes my breathe away so much that the intensity scares me, so I find myself using an excuse that I need to clean something or cook something. Its silly, I know! That is why it is my goal to be more loving. I want to embrace that love which I feel from God and then be a vessel of that love pouring it down upon my children and husband.

0 comments: