CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sabath Humor

So Mike got mandetoried at work both Saturday and Sunday. It has been a long weekend! I feel tired and so does he. Looking at the silver lining, with all the overtime pay we will be able to pay a big chunk off of his medical bill that came in for his leg, that almost happened a year ago.
So rather than re schedule my Visiting Teching appointements, again, I decided to take them with me. Two of the women we teach are the kind of grandmothers who have lil glass trinkets all at a child's level! I mean come on! So on the way there I was drilling my kids about not touching things. I armed myself with a bag of candy and said that for every house we came out of that they didn't touch anything I would give them one.
My partner took it a step further and said, she is really mean and if you touch her things and break it then she will get mad at you. (This was a total lie because this woman is super nice) Then, just as we are pulling into the woman's driveway, Tsadakah says, "I promise to sit on the couch and not touch a thing. But I hope that Eliannah does and that she breaks it."
We were laughing so hard! The things kids say!

Another cute and funny thing that I wanted to share from a few weeks ago, Tsadakah's new CTR 5 teacher is Denelle Miner, my best friend here who we see at least three times a week for one thing or another. Needless to say, Tsadakah is familiar with her and calls her by name. Well the first day of church, Denelle took her aside and told her that she needed to call her Sister Miner while they are at church although she knows her as Denelle any other day. Then during class, Denelle called on Tsadakah, calling her Sadye, and Tsadakah said, "I know that you call me Sadye during the week, but on sunday you need to call me Tsadakah." :) Im so proud ofmy sweetie!

0 comments: