CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fershtut Christmas Party 2012

For our Fershtut Christmas Party on December 22, 2012 we started off with reading Christmas stories. My brother, Ari, read the funniest book, which I really want a copy of, "Murray Saves Christmas." It is all about a east coast Jewish man who has to save Christmas. Considering that my dad is from the east and is Jewish, it was a delightful story for us to read! We found it to be hilarious!
 The kids enjoyed it immensely. Lara and Asher in the back.
 Look at these cute boys laughing!! So cute! Carson and Asher.
 Beckham was mesmerized!
 After the story, Mike & I.
 I don't remember what I said to make these guys decide to act silly, but I'm glad I said it. lol Fun pic! Ari, Mike, & Chris.
 Each year we choose a theme and then we draw names for the exchange. This year was homemade gifts. It was an amazing year of neat gifts and we were all excited to make something fun. Thank you Pinterest. Am I right? Ari, Beckham, & Hayley.
 Our gift to Asher, a PVC Marshmallow Gun. I think he liked it. :) We also gave Stratton and Ari one. Fortunately their parents wouldn't let them have a war right there in the living room. :) The gift included the mini holiday marshmallows. Fun!
 Eliannah and MiKaylah got these Big Babies from Leah's girls. The dolls were so darling and well done. They each came with a fleece blanket. I loved them!
 Tsadakah also received a doll. Hayley made it on behalf of one of her boys. She is an amazing seamstress! I thought that the doll was a modern Raggedy Anne, but I have realized since that she is more like a la la loopsy. Super cute and made with exactness!
 We saved the gifts for our parents to be the end. Then we went oldest to youngest. My sister, Simcah gave them a gift with baby clothes in it. Surprise! She was announcing that she was pregnant. It was a fun surprise...especially for me, ;) I asked her questions and made comments like, "I thought you weren't going to try until January. Now our kids wont be so close together"
Then, because I am the youngest and I was planning it that way. (I'm the one who suggested oldest to youngest.) I gave my parents their gift: it was a picture that said, "The look on your face when you realize that there are 6 in this picture, PRICELESS." I wish that I had gotten a picture of their faces but I was really really sick at this point and trying hard to hide it.

Everyone was thrilled and excited! It was a really fun surprise. My sister was of course extremely thrilled! The best surprise of all was that we are just a week apart in our due date! So, so fun! My brother admitted that he had suspected that I was from the time he walked in the door. Sadly, I don't blame him because when I don't feel good I don't try to suck it in at all, so I did have a pooch. So when my sister announced, he was slightly distracted and he turned to his wife and said, "See I told you Rivkah was pregnant." Hayley said, "No, that was Simcah who announced." Ari replied, "Rivkah is pregnant too. I can tell." So When I did announce, Hayley and Ari looked at each other and laughed.

It was a really fun Christmas!

0 comments: