CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good-bye Grandma!

Michael's grandmother passed away and we went to the funeral. It was a beautiful funeral full of the rejoicing of the lovely life that she lead. The focus was on the joyous reunion to her companion who died 65 years ago. I get all teary when I imagine him reaching out to pull her across the veil after all these years. Then to imagine the re-uniting of her and her daughter, Kay (Mike's mother).
This is Mike's whole family. This is not Grandma's grave just the one we happened to stand by.
Becky, Me, and Eliannah.

This is Mike's niece and I thought that it was a sweet picture.


Mike and his brothers as they layed their flowers on the casket.



Tsadakah and some of her cousins sitting at the grave during the speaches that were given.



I felt that this woman was a wonderful person whose testimony of the gospel was unwavering throughout her life. She encouraged all she knew to live the gospel with exactness. She made gorgeous quilts and croched and embroidered many things. She was a woman of grace. I do feel that I am a better person for having known her. May she be a gardian angel over my children!


0 comments: