CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

To all of you who are mothers, I hope that you had as wonderful a Mother's Day as I did! This Mother's Day has been perfect!

First off I have to brag about my Tsadakah!!! She is so big and confident! Friday, she had a dentist appointment and while waiting in the lounge she noticed another girl who was there too. She came to me and told me that "the little girl was mean to her because she had a mean face on." I tried not to laugh and explained that that is just a serious face and the little girl must be shy. The next time that the girl passed by, Tsadakah perked up and loudly exclaimed, "Hi, my name is Tsadakah!" I must have been right about the girl being shy cause she hurried past and even her father couldn't persuade her to come back and be friends.
I am very proud of Tsadakah though, because I didn't even tell her to do that and she made her best attempt to make friends with the girl she first percieved as mean, and then later understood she was shy and tried to help by becoming friends.
Tsadakah also had her first time singing in sacrement meeting for Mother's Day. This is something I have looked forward to for 4 years! (They make you wait a long time for that!) Just her excitement about going up there made me boil over with tears. (And now again as I am writing this) She is such a treasure! I can't even describe the beautiful experience it is to have your child up there singing! It is pride and love and honor all rolled into one experience. She didn't know the words at all but she mouthed what she could. And she smiled at me and waved many times!
The icing on the cake was that she also gave her first talk in Primary. She wanted Mike to be the one that helped her so I was able to watch. Again she waved to me and was excited. She was also confident! She hopped up to the stand with courage and before Mike got to her she said into the microphone. "Its about repent!" Repent is not an easy topic for a four year old, especially when you try to draw pictures so that they can read it themselves. But she did great and I was of course so proud!
She is a lot like me in so many ways, which I will expound on another time, but in one way that she is going to obey the rules no matter who is there. For the Mother's Day gift, they colored on hot pads with permenant markers. Well at my house my kids don't even get to use croyola markers! She started crying when they brought them out and was like, "My mom wont let me use markers!" It made me laugh when the first counselor told me that story. She had been impressed that Tsadakah would follow our house rules even when she wasn't home and I wasn't around. That's my girl!
Ok so I didn't take this picture for Mother's Day, I took it for MiKaylah's baby book. But it does highlight the wonderful thing I got for Mother's Day! My new fence!!! I am so so so so excited to have it and Ithink that it makes our yard look super NICE!
I love my children dearly and I love being a mother! There is nothing more special than holding a child, hearing its laughter and watching as it grows and learns. Nothing is more worthy of my time, my attention, and my devotion.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a wonderful post! You are such a loving and caring mother, your children are truly blessed :)

Simcah Reid said...

That was beautiful and I am so glad you had a good Mother's Day. I am so proud of Tsadakah. Moriella wouldn't even go up on the stand and hold Datan's hand even when I told her she didn't have to sing. Oh well. I have Datan he'll always be happy to have the mic.