CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Tsadakah!

Welcome to CANDY LAND! For Tsadakah's birthday party we decided to do the theme after this cake that I saw in a cookbook. I just had to make it for her because I was so excited about the idea. Then I planned all the games, activities, and treats around the game. It was as much fun to plan as it was to put on. Over all I felt that it was a huge success. Everyone who came loved it and so did she. She has been looking forward to her birthday since Christmas! She helped me decorate the cake and everything!This is the first game. It was a rainbow taste test. Each kid had to close their eyes and were given a skittle. They had to try to guess the flavor/color. My sister, Leah, was the one who is giving them out. She was dressed as "chocolate."




The funny thing was that some of the kids were scared to close their eyes. Even with the promise of a candy they were nervous about the idea.


The next part was decorating gingerbread boys and girls. This was next to a tree in my yard that I decorated like the gingerbread tree in the game.



The kids enjoyed making them and their creativity was fun too, but the cookies were too soft and they all broke when they picked them up.



The next game was the Mr. Mint's Peppermint forest. I wrapped red electrical tape around white plastic spoons and they were to take a mint candy through a obsticle course on it without dropping the candy. My nephew, Datan, was the oldest and he did a good job.



You can kind of see in the back there are two candy canes that they were to go around. Then they jumped crawled through the striped hoop and jumped over the pillow.


Here is my cute little Tsadakah coming through the hoop. She held the candy on with her other hand through the entire thing! ha ha



Next is Jolly from the Gumdrop mountains. For this game we did the parachute and bouncing balls game with a sheet. I think that the kids had a really great time with this one!




Just look at those smiles!



Then the villian, tricky Lord Licorice stops their way with the Licorice Limbo! Mike did a great job playing the part.


My friend, Denelle, made a great CD mix of all these songs that had to do with candy. The kids did their limboing to it.


Whoops! Some of them fell down, but mostly just the ones who did it the right way! ha ha. Most of the little ones just bent forward and crawled under. I was too pregnant to try to teach them the right way and to follow the rules.



Eliannah loves bouncy balls! Which was the treat that she had gotten from "Jolly"



This is the path that we made. My sister did a great job figuring out how to make it over the grass, which actually stayed better than that ones we tried to put on the sidewalk.


Next the kids did a Nutt walk through the Peanut Acre while Gramma Nutt sang. (The CD was too far at this point so we couldn't hear it.)

My mother played a wonderful Gramma Nutt. She went all out and dressed up just like her! She is such a fun grandma! The kids won baggies of nutterbutters and circus peanuts at this game.


Then there was the Lollipop woods where the kids did a ring toss for some suckers. I think only two kids actually ringed their own. Then we divided out the rest so everyone got a couple.


Tsadakah and some cousins, Moriella and Lara. Tsadakah is dressed as Princess Frosting, Moriella as Lollipop girl, and Lara is a peep! Isn't that cute?



For princess frosting who was played by my niece, Anna, she danced around blowing bubbles and the kids popped them with their wands that I made. These wands turned out super CUTE and I am pretty proud of them. I even found bubbles shaped like ice cream cones to give out to the kids, which I was really excited about.



Then for the Gloppy's chocolate swamp we let the kids finger paint in chocolate pudding. Then they got to lick their fingers and plates. Of course they got their own chocolate snack pack in their bags to take home.


To finish off the fun we had King Kandy crown Tsadakah the princess in candy land. Every gracious princess shares, so she passed out ring pop suckers to all of her friends.


My dad was going to be King Kandy, but he didn't make it in time, so Mike did it. See the gumball staff that I made.

Here is the cake again. This one is finished though cause it has the gingerbread man on it. This was the coolest cake I have ever made! But the cake above it was the best tasting cake I have ever made. It was a yellow cake with chocolate swirled in it and strawberry frosting! It was so moist and delicous!

A close up so you could see the details.



Tsadakah loved having everyone sing to her! Look at that smile on her face!! She loves the spot light! I think she is adorable!


To Tsadakah, a party is not a party without balloons! She was so disapointed last month when we didn't have balloons for Eliannah's birthday. My friend, Cori, made this poster and she did fantastic! In the back you can see the other tree that is the gingerbread tree!
I really couldn't have done this party without the help of so many family and friends. Thank you everyone who was involved. I guess I'm a pretty good Tom Sawyer cause I got my friends to come over a few times to help me with the decorations and the handouts. Not to mention the shopping!
This was a really crazy day! We were so worried that the forcast would be right and that it would rain, but thank goodness it didn't!! The other thing that made it crazy was that Tsadakah also had her final dance performance!
She did such a good job on her ballet dance! She looked so beautiful in her ballet tu tu too! The cutest part was that when everyone cheered she didn't want to get off the stage. As she was walking off she stopped right before the curtain to look back at the audience and gave the cutest smile ever!!!! The audience LOVED that, as did I.
We took the camcorder which is why I don't have any pictures of her. She also danced a jazz number. Afterward Mike had to take Eliannah to the car. She was a monster! But she really loved watching her sister on the stage! She laughed and said, "Dakah! Dakah!" So I got Tsadakah and we watched the rest of the dances together. It was one of the best one on one moments ever! She loved whooping and yelling for the other dancers. And she would tell me which things she loved the best out of their dance or their costumes. She was being so cute and fun, but she wasn't being quiet at all! lol Everyone around us could hear her and what she was saying. Thank goodness they thought that it was as cute as I did, because the people behind us leaned forward and told me how cute she was!
She is such a precious joy to have around. She is always such a good girl! I can tell that she really really wants to please me. She tries very hard! She is sensitive and kind. I love this little girl! It was a joy to work so hard to make the party special for her.



















































2 comments:

The Fershtut Four said...

Wow what a cool cake! This party was so creative and looks like it was a lot of fun. I hope she had a happy birthday!

Alyssa said...

What a great party! Every time I need to throw a party for my kids I am definitely calling you for ideas and advice, you are a master! Hope to see that cute new baby soon :)