CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Completed Masterpiece

 As many of you know, Mike has been working on a deck for our backyard. It is finished!!! I love it so much! It is so pretty. He did such a fabulous job on it! This man knows how to work. This whole masterpiece took him almost exactly 5 weeks. I don't know anyone else who could have done that while still working their 40 hrs. The neighbors behind us rave about it every time they are out and all my friends are saying how they want Mike to come build them one. ha aha.
 We plan on grilling all summer long.

I LOVE the railings and the solar lights on the posts!

So Monday, April 30th, I was planning a full day. After Mike left for work I was going to serve a perfect dinner, have just enough to clean up and then have my friend, Arianne, bring her daughter for me to teach her Yoga, then to follow it up with getting ready for a girls night card game. I was all on schedule for following out this perfect plan too...until I heard...drip, drip, drip. I looked over to see water dripping from a big water bubble in my kitchen cieling!! AHH! I am so shocked. I imeadiately accuse the kids of leaving the water on, but going upstair I discover that it was nothing that I could see. I called Mike and he told me to go ahead and pop it, letting all the water splash on the floor. I use a Sheet Rock saw to cut out a big section that is ruined. I can see where it is leaking from but there is no crack in the pipe. I see that there is no way I can teach Yoga or have a game night. But the blessing in the time of trial was people who care! Arianne came and got all my kids and took them to her house so that I could clean the mess. Then she called Melissa and her husband Jeff to come and see what they could do to help. They were great! Je put my mind at ease and reassured me that it was going to be a simple inexpensive fix.

So Tuesday morning Mike replaced the wax ring. That didn't fix it. Pulling the toilet back again he sees a crack that goes the whole distance of the tank. We see our problem. He goes back to HomeDepot, his second home, and buys a new toilet. :) Problem solved. Same day he also sheet rocks, mudds, and paints the whole. Amazing!

Wednesday, Tsadakah was invited to Daniella's bday. It was a Peacock theme and she was so excited. The night before she put out her clothes and counted down the minutes to the party! It was fun to enjoy her excitement.

Thursday night we went to pick out furniture for our patio! I love having a house that I want to put my heart into and make as nice as possible. LOVE my house, LOVE my deck and will LOVE my furniture too!

That night we went to a late movie and saw The Hunger Games. It was very enjoyable. Mike liked it a lot. Our babysitter was great. She had the girls in jammies. Yay!

So Friday I had rescheduled everything that I had canceled on monday. So I was taking Tsadakah to tumbling and my Kia stalls in the middle of an intersection! I tried to stay calm and did everything that I could but it wouldn't go! Finally a nice man stopped and pushed me to the curb. Then he offered to drive us home. As we were moving the car seats to his HUGE truck, he said, "I can see that you were going somewhere (Cause of her outfit) Take my truck and do what you need to." I told him I couldn't do that many times but he insisted. He handed over his keys without even asking my name. He told me which house was his and said to just return it when  I didn't need it anymore. WOW! What a blessing from God in this kind stranger!

Called a neighbor who had a truck and asked him to tow my car home. He did it in seriously 10 minutes. His wife picked up Tsadakah for me too. Awesome. Then Arianne followed me to drop off the truck and bring me home. I finished up the night by still teaching her daugter Yoga. :) nice lil stress reliever. Then Arianne and I hung out all night long. Super fun.

I cant believe our bad luck. How unfortunate it is that the day we finish that deck we have 2 problema in 1 week? Still, through it all I see blessings and love from all the people around me. I am so grateful for my blessings!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

you have an awesome friend to come to your rescue! :)

I also LOVE your deck and I have to say I am VERY envious of it!! :)