CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Eliannah Turned 4!

 My Princess Eliannah turned 4 on Wednesday, April 18th. Ive been prepping everything for her BIG party so her actual Birthday was low key. We started with "Good Morning-its-your-Birthday-excitement!" Which was mostly egged on  by Tsadakah. She chose breakfast and then they went to play until I took them to the store. We stayed out shopping until MiKaylah had an accident on aisle 5 at Dollar Tree! eek!
She wants so badly to open her presents but I make her wait until Daddy comes home. She opens her present just seconds after Mike arrives home. We play her Pop Goes Froggeo and then order Pizza.

The Party was on Saturday. I have worked so hard for this party! It really has been on my mind for months! Because of her love for frogs we decided to do a Princess and the Frog Party. I chose the colors green apple and lavender. It was beautifully decorated and that was the least expensive part.
 Eliannah, just minutes before her guests arrived playing with a lantern.
 I made that crown. It was one of my favorite things that turned out well for the party.
 The first thing that I had the kids do was color pictures of Tiana on cardstock.

The second game/activity was kiss the frog. My very talented friend, Melissa Chalmers, painted this frog of Prince Navine. Gabby was so sweet to help the kids to the frog and so 100% of the lipstick kisses were planted right on his lips. :)
 Tsadakah and Eliannah playing Kiss the Frog.
 Then we played Leap Frog! I was so excited to catch Eliannah mid-jump on this one. She did awesome! She is a natural lil jumper! She must have springs for legs cause she was the best jumper of all the guests at the party, including her big sister.

 More of the Leap Frog lineup: Abby, Tsadakah, MiKaylah, Gabby. (Cambree in back)
 The best game and hit of the party was Twinkle, Twinkle, Wishing Star (Duck, Duck, Goose) I made a Foam Star with gold glitter on it to look like Angeline. I put velcrow on the back so when the girls selected who they wanted they just stuck it in her hair.  Clockwise: Ellie, Cambree, Tsadakah, Kensie, Abby, Eliannah, Madison.
Most of the girls ignored MiKaylah, but she sat there waiting the whole game anyway! Finally on the last round Tsadakah took pity on her and chose her. Because she had been watching she knew exactly what to do. Without any instruction or encouragement she shot up and ran! She is SO cute!
 After the games we went to do a craft. I had planned these darling little frogs and I thought that they would be easy for the kids to make...I was wrong! They all needed a lot of help so I ended up glueing each one. For this reason I didn't get to see Eliannah open her presents. My wonderful mom who had come to enjoy, support, and encourage, headed that one up.
 Yep, see here I am glueing away! But some of the parents told me later how cute they thought the frogs were, so that makes it all good.
 For food we had...ta da...beniets! Just like what Tiana was famous for making. We also ate Aligator French Bread Pizza (not pictured :( ) I went through a lot of trouble to re-fill Tabasco bottles with marenara sauce for the kids to put extra on their pizza. it didn't get used, but it was a cute idea, right?
 The cakes. The first one is Tiana Frog as Eliannah describes it, and the second is her dress. One thing that I have learned from this party is that I am just an ametuer! I look at stuff on Pinterest and elsehere and I think, I can do that! But then I try and it turns out way mediocre. *sigh. The frog turned out ok, but the dress...if you can even call it that...Whew...was nothing near what I was imagining. However, it tasted amazing! I tried a new recipe for the frosting and it was divine! It was fluffy and light. Yum!
 MiKaylah eating her beniet. We worried that nobody would eat them but there was one little girl who ate three! Yay, that makes this hostess feel so great!
 Right before the Happy Birthday Song. Eliannah, Brooklyn, Bryson.
 Singing.
 Every time my dad comes to visit and we serve a desert we load him up and then send him home with all the left overs because I don't eat sugar and Mike's a salty snacks person. So it was really funny cause he was begging Mike to go easy on him and just give him a little bit. This what he gave him. lol see how much my dad is laughing?

The party favors basket. I made a Tiana crown for each guest and filled their bags with every froggy nic-nac I could find...even the sticky ones on a string that sticks to the walls.

 My friend, Alyssa and her baby Soliel. Just thought this was sweet.
 I really loved the effect that these streamers had! I scrunched them and twisted them to make it feel like you were in the Bayou. Paper lanterns are my new favorite decoration!. I also made the colorful jars to be like Mama Odie's house. You cant see it but I also folded 20 origami lilies.
 A beautiful numb-o-gram of her age.
 Her name banner
 The front entrance to the party. I made 2 felt froggies to have clinging to the strings of the balloons, just  like in the movie.
At the end I had each girl stand in front of the poster for a picture, kind of like a home made photo booth. Like I said, a lot of it was me trying to be a pro and falling short. lol

My Eliannah is so much energy. She has to volumes, barely a whisper OR full blast, there is nothing between. She is either Really upset or really happy. She is content to play by herself a lot of the time and she is a bit feisty.

I love how passionate she is. The other day I was at the store trying to use the "If you don't come I'm leaving without you" trick on MiKaylah. Eliannah starts screaming at the top of her lungs (so everyone in the store is looking at us) and runs between me and the door. She starts pushing me backwards while balling "Don't  leave her! You can't leave her!" It makes me want to cry for joy when I think about how much she loves both of her sisters!

I love to hear her sing. She is good at it and picks up the lyrics of songs quickly. I will often hear her say "this is the firework song" or "Its the fire-rain song." Throughout the day she is sometimes singing made up songs that don't have anything to do with anything, but her lil voice is so sweet!

I also love her imagination. She can turn anything into exactly what she wants it to be. A domino block is a pizza, a tooth brush is  a princess, or a sock is a mermaid fin for her barbie. The best thing about her imagination is that if she wants something that you have told her no about you can tell her to pretend that something else is whatever she wants and then she is happy as a can be. I have solved many a problems with that one. :)

I completely LOVE my little Princess Eliannah! XOXOXO & Happy Birthday!

0 comments: