CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

For Mother's Day we went to my mom's. It was good to see her of course. We went and spent the night there on Saturday night. After putting the kids to bed we stayed up late and watched Arsenic and Old Lace. I love that play/movie. My parents took me to see it at Shakespearean festival when I was a Junior. Fond memories.
The next day we went to church and Tsadakah was so excited to have her grandma be her primary teacher for the day. Neither her nor Eliannah were afraid to go up and sing in a different ward. It was so fun. MiKaylah even went up there, hehehe. She wants to be like them in every way.

 For Mother's Day I got this framed Temple art. It is perfect! What a great gift. Mike sure knows how to choose them! :)
Here is a full view so you can get an idea of the size.

The food was wonderful and the company was too. My sister Leah came and my sister in law, Hayley too. It was wonderful to see them and talk to them so much!

My mom got me a book that I was SO excited about. It was written and illustrated by my young woman's leader. Its called, I Want To Be A Mommy, by Judy Cooley. It is seriously such a good book. She has 2 others that compliment it and I believe she will be doing one more to complete the "series." I have always and will always think of her as a mentor.

About my own mom...she is so giving and open. She wears her heart on her sleeve and is had dedicated her life to being a full-time, full-hearted mom. All my life I have wanted nothing more than to grow up and be a mother just like she was. Career never appealed to me.

My friend, Lori, gave some insight into Mothers Day which I really liked. She said that its not bout waiting around for your kids, husband, or others to celebrate you, its a day for you to celebrate the role in life which God has given us. I think of being a mother as a gift from our Heavenly Father. I love Him for what he has done for me, for trusting me with my children.

I want to be comfortable standing and singing praises for my motherhood. I want to celebrate those little moments with my kids and the fulfillment of joy that I get out of knowing them, seeing them, and supporting them. My happiest thought of all is of their laughter.

Happy Mother's Day

1 comments:

Simcah Reid said...

It looks awesome!