CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Activity Days

October 7-13 was a busy week for me!! I did a lot of baking, finished my food challenge, put on Enrichment, cut hair, babysat for people in need, and had my mom over for a walk-a-thon at Tsadakah's school.

My weight loss challenge was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone! I didn't reach my goal, probably because it was reaching for the SUN, over expectations of what is realistic. ( I do that a lot) But in reaching for the sun I achieved the stars! I lost 6% of my body weight and I learned a ton about myself and my abilities of self control. I learned that I can eat out and still stay on my track and that I don't have to have a mentality of bigger is better.

For enrichment we did a pie night. I did a demonstration on how to make a perfect pie crust. The Relief Society president did one on how to make a fresh, unbaked Peach Pie. We also had people bring pies of all varieties for ladies to sample in preparation for Thanksgiving.

Tsadakah's school did a walk-a-thon, which I loved! I know that 100% of the money raised goes exactly to the item that they said they were raising for. Tsadakah did amazing and raised $100 which is a lot for a 1st grader! The school got even more than what they were hoping for so I am so excited. It is neat to be able to see all the things that you helped to bring about. Unfortunately, they got rained out and had to reschedule even though my mom came all the way out to see her walk. I felt so sorry for her. But I am so glad to have a wonderful mother (and father) who go out of their way to support my children!

On Saturday I was asked to help out at an Activity Days Super Saturday. They asked me to talk about the Word of Wisdom and demonstrate some exercise, like Yoga. I agreed and Mike took the kids to the zoo for a Daddy-Daughters date while I was there for 4 hours. I taught the girls how to look at food and think about it in terms of what is this food going to do inside my body. For example, a carbohydrate is going to turn into a sugar. Then I tought them about how to check their pulse, We also did some yoga, which I think was their favorite part. I'm glad that I did it.

Sunday I subbed in Tsadakah's class. I taught about keeping the sabbath day holy. It was a fun lesson to teach and we actually went over. lol. I personally learned from it too! I liked being there with Tsadakah again.

0 comments: