CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Mom's 70th Birthday

My mother is  a wonderful woman. She has some of the greatest qualities you expect in a mother. She is loving, generous, protective, forgiving, and really really good at telling stories! She used to do the voices to all the original Brer Rabbit stories. She taught me everything that was important in life and most of all I am grateful that she taught me the importance of motherhood and being a stay-at-home mother. We threw her a Party for her 70th and it turned out beautiful. There were many people who came. Friends from her swimming class, relatives from California, life long friends and even people who she had just met at the grocery store came to wish her the happiest birthday of all. My dad got my mom flowers, which I wasn't expecting and it hit me as so sweet and romantic. lol He spends thousands of the food, decorations and entertainment and the thing that I think is most romantic is the flowers.
 
My nieces danced for my mother to honor her youth when she was a fabulous dancer. My mother's youth was quite exciting. She was super popular because of how beautiful she is and so she was the lead in the school play. She was also big on dance.

 Long ago on my parents trip to Mexico, my dad bought my mom a Tiger's Eye ring. It was stolen and now after all these years he is replacing it. He had it custom made to identically match the other one.


 Tsadakah loves to dance with boys. She is always making her cousins dance with her. lol
 My cousin Bethany. So beautiful! Wish I had time to see her more often.

My parents friends from Idaho came all the way out and donated sugarless all natural raspberry juice for the party. This is the Carpenters.

 MiKaylah looked so darn cute in her dress. This girl has spunk!
 She thought that taking her large sucker and bopping her cousin, Zeke on the head was a fun game. He didn't seem to mind. He thought that it was funny. Then she would laugh and lick the sticky spot.
 Cute cousins!
 My mother's sisters were all raised to be singers. My mom said that she wanted them to sing. Carol, Lynae, Nancy, DiAnne, Cheryl, and Karen.
 My mom grew up in Pasadena, CA. So they ended by singing The Little Old Lady From Pasadena. My mom got up and danced with these props. Super cute, super fun.
 The kids jumped up to dance with grandma too.
 Here dancing with her is her brother, Frank.  He wasn't expected to make it because he has cancer, but he found a way to be there for her. Pretty nice.
 We each got up and introduced our family and then said one thing that we love about mom.
 Look at my mom! She looks so moved by the whole experience. She looks like she feels special. She was on cloud 9 the whole day. :)
 We all went in on this blanket for her. Kari, the one holding the blanket is the one who sewed it all together. *I guess I should mention here that the theme of the party was A Life SEW Blessed. My mom has spent her whole life sewing pretty much. We had a display table that was 15 feet long covered with layers of things that she has sewn by hand, and that was just the stuff we still had. There have been countless others.. She has made blankets, toys, dresses, wedding gowns, coats, hats, shawls, cross stitches, knits, croches, and Halloween costumes for all 8 of her kids and their friends. She is amazing! She has so much talent.
 My SIL, Janet, is very musical and she wrote a song that you sing in rounds just for my mom. We all learned it and then sang it for her.
Happy Birthday, Mom! I am more glad than you know, that I was sent to your house to stay.

0 comments: