CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2012

General Confrence Weekend



This General Conference Weekend was awesome cause we had a full house! My sister, Simcah, came to visit on Thursday to go to the Utes game. We hung out all morning and she helped me do some landscaping work on my front yard. She is full of great ideas too! She helped me with it all and I appreciate it so much! She also helped me decorate my mantle all Halloween! see the pretty jar with the branches sticking out? She helped me do that. :) On Friday we baked all day, making 2 different kinds of zucchini bread. Chocolate and carrot muffin, to be exact. She also got these pictures of the babies bathing.Right now Tsadakah is into crafting. I told her that if she would get her homework done we would do one craft each day after school. So we have paper mached bottles miking them into skulls and we made these cute little ghosts out of dryer sheets. We also made some Halloween cards for her to give out to her friends. It has been fun, time consuming and...I am running out of ideas. :) I love how happy it makes her though.
 
Also, see the Frankenstein in the top picture? Tsadakah said, "I can wait to see uncle Chris's scared face when he sees how scary your Frankenstein is, Mom." haha that made me laugh a lot.

 Friday Stefanie and family showed up and we all ate together. I made Chicken Pot Biscuits. Everyone loved them. We put the kids to bed and stayed up until all hours of the night laughing and telling funninesses. :)

Saturday we had a big breakfast and then Simcah and family went home. We were sad to see them leave.

We got ready for pictures while watching the first session. Then we took these fun pictures between sessions. I have a lot of photographer friends and they are all complaining about how busy they are right now with family shoots and edits. I am really glad that I am not a pro. lol. It takes the pressure off.




 I took more of Stefanie's family, but I haven't edited them yet so...
After the men got home from priesthood session we went to Asylum 49. A haunted house here in Tooele. We all went last year and it scared the pants off all of us! we were really excited, but this year we felt that it wasn't as scary. :( We still had fun and made memories. Mike jumped out at me and scared me so bad I hit my elbow. And then another time I got scared was by the character of Jack the Ripper scraping on a wall as he walked slowly beside me. Then just as I was going into the next room he breathed down my neck. Eeeekkk!
 
General Conference is on of my favorite...holidays? lol I do love it and I feel like every time it comes up the week before I am really needing a boost! I always feel spiritually fed by the talks and uplifted. My favorite talk was Jeffery R. Holland's talk. He knows how to make the scriptures come alive. They seem so real and you feel almost as if you were there yourself, looking into the eyes of your Savior! It was amazing and its message meant so much to me.
Also, the news about the ages being changed for missionaries touched me more than I expected. I started crying. I am not a feminist at all. I think that a woman is most empowered when she is where God wants her to be, in the home. But every once in a while I am shocked when I feel emotional and proud of the influence womanhood has in society. I don't know why but Amelia Earhart makes me emotional and so did this. I know in my heart that this change was truly inspired. I love President Monson and I support him in everything that he declares. :)

0 comments: