CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lagoon and Water Park

I can't believe that I forgot to mention that we went to SevenPeaks and Lagoon (2X) this summer too! It has become a tradition to go to both of these each year with Mike's sisters, Debbie and Stefanie, and their families. It is really fun and we LOVE the extra help with our kiddos!

SevenPeaks was first and it was so fun! We started in the lazy river and went around for like an hour. Then we started breaking into groups and going on some of the adult rides. When I was with Debbie I dared her to go backwards on the Boomerang, AND SHE DID IT! lol It was super exciting.
After lunch about half of the group wanted to go home so they took the youngest ones with them and we were able to go on more adult rides. I did the Boomerang backwards too! It was so fun!! I recommend it to all. I spent time in the kiddie pool with my kids and also went on some rides that they could ride too. We went down the racing one literally about a dozen times and my kids couldn't get enough of it. They kept saying, "Again!"
I was also FORCED to go on the orange slide that goes straight down, FACE FIRST! It was the scariest thing that I have even done! I can't believe that I did it and they had to seriously block the way back down cause I was so willing to walk the walk of shame!

So Lagoon was equally as fun! Although I got totally sick that day! Let me start at the beginning. :)
So that was a Friday and I was scheduled to teach our turn of Summer Reading Club (a totally awesome idea that Lisa had and organized.)

I did the book, All Join In. It is a poetry book that is fun and will make you laugh out loud. We read the book and then organized activities, including: homemade instruments, Red Rover, Friendship Tag, and Chocolate Fudge Banana Cake! The cake turned out good, but you are posta freeze it so the bananas don't turn colors and so it wasn't thawed quick enough for the kids to eat it so they took it home with them.

So as soon as it was done we left to go to Lagoon. We didn't even clean up! *Why am I sharing that? lol. But I was feeling so flu-ish and yucky. The thought of riding a ride or the smell of the rides made me so sick, so I dropped Mike off and went to visit my mom with MiKaylah. I stayed there and slept for a few hours and met up with the group at 5ish. I stayed in Kiddie Land for almost the entire time. I did go on Wicked (My absolute favorite) and Colossus but that was my limit! I was back to Kiddie Land after that, and it was fun to be there with my kids and see them having fun.

We bounced back for the very next day and Devin & Becky and Max & Lina joined our group. It was a blast of a day! It rained for maybe a half hour, which kept people from coming that day and so it was pretty great! The lines were shorter and we were able to ride awesome rides over and over!.

Eliannah's favorite ride was the Odyssey. She loved spraying people. She also asked over and over again to ride the whale ride (Whales were her favorite animal last year, before it became frogs) We kept telling her, "Later." So I made it a priority to go off with her just the two of us and she rode that ride over and over again. She HAD to ride in the #4 whale because she is 4! :) She makes me smile!

Tsadakah desperately wanted to ride the Wicked and we put her biggest shoes on her and did her hair big, but they still wouldn't let her on the ride. :( She was pretty disappointed, but she handled it well. Jaxton, who is tall enough didn't have the desire to go on the big rides so the two of them were inseparable! I am glad that he wanted to stay with her cause I was worried that he would be riding the big ones. She did get to go on the White Roller Coaster, which is her favorite..."until she is old enough to go on the Wicked." She is so BRAVE!

All in all it was a memorable weekend and we had so much fun! We also loved the new ride, can't remember what its called, but it really feels like you are flying!! FUN.

0 comments: