CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The 4th of July

Happy fourth! This is the second year that I have had to do this holiday solo. It was quite different though cause I was able to go with Steve and Mandy to the Benson Grits Mill for their pancake breakfast. Here are some of us. These little ones make me think about what Independence Day is all about. Men and women have died for the freedoms of our lives and our religion. I think family pretty much sums up what our Founding Fathers wanted for us.

Love the little flags. One of my favorite things to get at the parades. :)

So then I went with Steve and Mandy to the Tooele Parade. It was fun! MiKaylah was marching on this chair. She really couldn't wait for the parade to start.


We also hung out with Mandy's extended family: Brooklyn, Mandy, Mandy's "step-dad," her mom, and her son Ethan. 
 Bryson.
 Eliannah.
 Really bored waiting for the parade to start. Picking weeds.

Tsadakah.

Dancing, while waiting for the parade to start. MiKaylah started it, but Tsadakah was sure excited to join in doing plietes and arabesques.

The first to come by was the mini flags, YAY! I love em!

 Eliannah waving to the Miss Tooele and High school royalty...or something like that. Such a cute girlie!!!


Our friend Addi was in the parade. Hi Addi!

And our friend Hannah was in the parade too! Go 4H!
 So then we came home to meet up with Debbie's family. We went out to Verg's. Seriously your typical small town yummy-tummies comfort-foods kinda grub. Becoming my favorite place to go.Then As we were getting back Stefani's family arrived and we made some hair bows as a craft. I offered to do a water fight, but we ended up doing make up instead. Equally fun.  :-)
 Then Mike was home for dinner and we had a BBQ. Good and healthy food.

They left before dark and Mike had do go to sleep for work the next day. I put the kids to bed and we could hear the fireworks outside in the distance. It was almost torture! I love fireworks! *sigh.
All in all it was a wonderful, respectful and nice way to celebrate our independence. Thank Heaven and all who are in it for what we have today!

0 comments: